Formica Extends DecoMetal Laminate Line
Aligning with warmer metals trending in commercial design, Formica Corporation released several new additions to the company’s popular DecoMetal® Metal Laminate collection. Thirteen new metal visuals add warm tones of brass, copper, light gold and black, providing designers with a full-spectrum toolbox of 37 metal laminate designs for architectural interiors.
The new designs include:
Printed Solid Metal
New to the DecoMetal® laminate offering, solid metal aluminum sheets are artistically printed with stunning visuals enhanced by a metal sheen base.
- Rolled Steel series: As a lighter and more consistent alternative to real steel, cold rolled steel offers an elegant industrial finish. This series combines the rolled steel visual of linear, oiled color-play with the lightweight, easy installation of the DecoMetal® metal laminate line.
- Light Rolled Steel: An aluminum base with hints of iridescence
- Dark Rolled Steel: A black oiled effect on darkened steel
- Patina series: This series embraces the beautiful, natural effects of weathering and age that occur when metals are exposed to the elements. It offers a warm, dappled surface effect that is ideal for any environment, from modern to traditional.
- Black Patina: A blackened tone-on-tone look
- Brass Patina: An elegant gold patina
- Copper Patina: A varicolored burnished copper patina
Expanding the popular metal laminates available, Formica Corporation adds warmer copper, brass and gold tones to balance the collection’s existing cool-toned aluminum visuals.
- Polished series: As reflective surfaces continue to trend, Formica Corporation expands its polished offerings to include warmer tones.
- Polished Smoke: A black, reflective surface
- Polished Copper: A shiny copper finish
- Polished Gold Aluminum: A mid-tone gold polish
- Brushed series: Expanding on the popular brushed finish, this series modernizes the company’s brushed options by adding warm copper and brass tones.
- Brushed Coin: A shiny penny-toned copper metal
- Brushed Brass: Deep brass, a classic rising again in popularity
- Stainless series: Enhancing the company’s existing stainless options with warm champagne and copper.
- Champagne Stainless: A highly usable tone that bridges gold and silver
- Copper Stainless: A fresh, rosy copper metal
- Copper Veil: A hand-brushed and elegant finish on solid copper foil. In response to demand for warmer tones, Copper Veil joins existing Graphite Veil.
These new DecoMetal® laminate patterns are for vertical use, lightweight and easy to install and maintain.
You may also be interested in this article: Laminate Makes a Comeback